What is MOPS?
Our MOPS group meets every 1st and 3rd Tuesday, September through May, from 9-11AM. During our meetings, moms have an opportunity to hear dynamic speakers, share concerns and ideas in a small group setting and explore creativity. “Connect with other MOMs”
MOPS is a grass roots movement that believes moms are world influencers… MOPS stands for mothers of preschoolers, a program designed to encourage mothers with children under school age through relationships and resources. MOPS provides a caring, accepting atmosphere for women of many backgrounds and lifestyles, who have a shared desire to be tghe best mothers they can be.
We believe that incubating hearts and giving just-because-hugs can change the course of history. That’s why we connect moms all over the world to a community of women, in their own neighborhoods, who meet together to laugh, cry and embrace the journey of motherhood. MOPS groups are rallying women to be more honest, to feel more equipped and to find our identity by journeying alongside one another.
MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers, and by preschoolers we mean kiddos from birth through kindergarten. We know it’s a little confusing so let’s just stick with “MOPS.”
We are moms, and we believe that better moms make a better world.
- A haven for soothing frazzled nerves and forming lifelong friendships.
- A quality children’s program (MOPPETS) where little ones are cared for and loved.
- Teaching by an experienced mother who shares Biblical truths and practical ways to fulfill the varied roles of mother, wife and woman.
- Discussion groups in an encouraging, accepting atmosphere where moms can express their feelings on motherhood and marriage.
- An opportunity to complete a craft project that moms probably wouldn”t have the time or energy to attempt at home
- A place to gain perspective and balance in a group that helps to bring out the best in moms.
If you would like to join one of our MOPS groups, please call the number below and an enrollment coordinator will contact you with instructions on registration.
The cost is as follows:
- $24.95 MOPS membership fee (with the registration you get: Hello, Darling Magazine, Weekly MOPS E-mail, and other goodies yet to be determined), checks need to be written the MOPS International.
- Pay your yearly dues all at once and 10%! Pay by semester and save 5%. $76.50 for the year, $40.35 per semester or $5 per meeting. Checks need to be made out to First Baptist Church of Golden and 100% of your dues go towardes our childcare program.
First Baptist Church of Golden
18025 Washington Avenue
Golden, CO 80401
Contact Natalie Makuh for more details 303-255-1780
Sept 5 &19
Oct 3 & 17
Dec 5 & 19
Feb 6 & 20
March 6 & 20
April 3 & 17
May 1 & 15